Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

     Recently, I paid my property taxes here in Monroe County,  I always wait until the last minute to pay them because it pains me alot to have to pay them.  When you pay off a 30 year mortgage, your home & land is supposed to be yours right?  No it's not, your home & property still belongs to the state, don't believe me, try not paying your property tax and see what happens!!  Hey if you don't  believe me, just ask Wesley Snipes.  Anyway,  I find it immoral and it makes me sick, for me to have to pay a tax on my own property. Alas, I do so each year under protest, well mainly because I don't want the county Government to take it and sell it, my property, that I bought and paid for... may I remind you. I own an older home, built in the late 1940's ......I would hate to own a newer home, because I consider my property taxes low.  In just 30 years I  have paid the Counties and State government in excess of  $30,000.00 dollars in property taxes,  I don't think the house is worth that much?? In all seriousness, let's just look at the property tax breakdown:
Municipal-....Frisco City....has no budget, no leadership just takes my money with no accountability.
County General-...............????????????????
County Road/Bridge.........????????????????
County Hospital-..............????????????????
County Fire Tax-..............????????????????
School Distributions-........????????????????.
School Distribution#2-.....????????????????
State School-...................????????????????
State General Fund-.........Now I know these guys know how to spend, a dollar very accountable.
State old Soldier-............????????????????
"A property tax is a tax put on property by reason of its ownership." Property tax can be defined as "generally,  a tax imposed by municipalities upon owners of property within their jurisdiction based on the value of such property."  This is the Lawful definition of Property Tax.  I am sure there are Laws on the books saying that they are legal, but why do we as citizens not eliminate them and all other Taxes which make no common-sense.  The property Tax along with the other 150 taxes that we pay are nothing more than a legal means to steal by the various levels of Government. With the advent of bloating Government at the City, County, State and National levels our taxes are increased by levying hidden charges and fees not known by the electoral constituency.  Why not cut Government at all levels and then cut taxes so that we don't need anything but an absolute skeleton force to administrate. "That government is best which governs least."      Also, when you buy a car, you pay tax, title and license right? Then you have to pay a registration fee every year even after the car has been paid off. Let's stop to think about this one, hmmm! How many times do you have to register the same vehicle? It's the same car as the previous year with the same license plate and all...why?  In 10 years I have paid 10% of the paid price of the vehicle.  That seems a little steep considering  I paid the initial sales tax on it also.  If we must pay all these taxes, how about let's hold our respective elected officials accountable as to how this money is spent? Why don't we try to downsize government at all levels Why, when times are hard and government coffers are empty, do we not just bite the bullet and make the common-sense decisions that citizens have to make each and every day?  I'll tell you why, because it will hurt  the politicians who want to be re-elected.  There is only one County in our State in worse shape than Monroe County Economically......  Our elected officials should be working to lower and cut our tax burdens at every level in these tough times instead of looking for ways to increase them.  Cut taxes at every level! What we need in all levels of Government right now are Leaders that are accountable and willing to make the tough decisions and not politicians just wanting to get re-elected.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment