Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

PCI Tribal Council sworn in


A swearing in ceremony was part of the Poarch Creek Indian Tribal Council meeting Thursday, June 16.
Under old business, the June 4th tribal election was verified by the PCI Election Board and approved by the council.
Incumbent Chairman Buford Rolin, took the oath first, followed by incumbents Arthur Mothershed and Garvis Sells, and newcomer Sandy Fretwell Hollinger.
Judge Joseph Brogden administered the oath, an oath being used for the first time this year. Since it was a new oath, as a formality, the other council members took the oath as well.
Following is the oath administered to the Tribal Council members:
I, , do solemnly swear or affirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians; and that I will faithfully, honestly and impartially discharge the duties of the office of the Chairman / Vice-Chairman / Secretary / Treasurer / Tribal Council to the best of my ability, so help me God.
As a proud leader of our Tribe, my integrity demands that I be true to who I am. My integrity is the foundation of my love for my family and our community, which strengthens my faith and commitment to do what is right for the Tribe. I will further the legacy of self-determination and self-reliance inherited from our elders by investing in the progress and driving a vision for the future that leads to our prosperity. I understand that I am beholden to the electorate and to the other Tribal Council members. To that end, I shall conduct myself in a manner which will foster respect and dignity.
Pictured at top, Chairman Buford Rolin, takes the oath of office as administered by Judge Joseph Brogden. Tribal Council Liaison Kelli Ramer is holding the Bible.

Taking the oath are recently elected and re-elected council members, from left, Sandy Hollinger, Arthur Mothershed, and Garvis Sells.

Judge Joe Brogden administers the oath to sitting council members, from left, Stephanie Bryan, David Gehman, Robbie McGhee, and Eddie Tullis

No comments:

Post a Comment