Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's peanut butter and jelly time!

Sandwich

Everyone knows how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but are you making it the right way?

There are always those days when you’re hungry, but you don’t want to have to wait an hour before eating some cooked food. What better way to satisfy your hunger than with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? In my lifetime, I’ve had hundreds – maybe even thousands – of these delicious masterpieces. Because of this, I’ve formed a little method of making them.
My first step, of course, is to prepare the ingredients: wonderful grape jelly straight from the fridge; delectable, smooth peanut butter from the pantry; and bread that seems to have come from angels, made just for you.
Secondly, I lay out two pieces of bread (preferably void of any holes). Set the peanut butter and jelly on the left and right sides of the bread, respectively. Last, but not least, grab a knife from the drawer.
This is the part where I need your full attention, so read carefully! Scoop out peanut butter with your knife first. The reason I say this is actually very simple. You use peanut butter for more things than just sandwiches, whereas you only use jelly for this particular situation. Let’s say you dipped the knife in jelly first. The knife would be contaminated, jelly would get trapped in the peanut butter, there would be jelly in your future peanut butter cookies. It’s all just a complete mess if you do it that way.
OK, so that may be a little over-exaggeration, but that’s just how I’ve done it.
Here’s how you know if you’ve made the sandwich right: it’s heaven in your mouth. You can make it any way you wish, and if that’s how it turns out, you’ve done good. Chefs everywhere applaud your strenuous work. Now, I must end this – I’m suddenly very hungry. Enjoy your sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment